Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sewing. And a train case!

I haven't posted anything about what I've been working on lately, mainly because when I get home at night, after we've walked the dogs for an hour and then have had dinner, it's almost dark - which does not make for good pictures. But I will assure you that it involves a LOT of sewing. Pictures to come soon!

And up until this point, I've been keeping all of my sewing supplies in a plastic bag. Yes, that's right, a plastic bag. Isn't that sad? I just keep acquiring supplies, and I just didn't have anything to store them in. I know, you're thinking, "Really? You didn't have a box, or something?". Ok, maybe I was just lazy.

But the other night, I discovered that the lid of my box of pins had come off, and oh, lots of pins in the bottom of a plastic bag is not good. Especially when some of the pins managed to fall through the teensy hole in the bottom. Now I had pins all over the floor. Blah.

So I solved my problem. I bought this. I'm so excited to get it. I had seen tons of these vintage train cases all over the place, and I thought it would make a perfect sewing box.

il_fullxfull.74271582

il_fullxfull.74271892

Go check out Flying Ace's shop
here. She has lots of other wonderful vintage items (and just listed yesterday, another train case!).

2 comments:

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Good idea.I remember having one for real..

PamperingBeki said...

That is seriously cute.