Dresses and Disco.

My first attempt at sewing a dress was a semi-success. The dress (the Trapeze Sundress from Weekend Sewing) turned out very well - cute pockets, very nice wide straps. However, it is huge. I made it from the medium-sized pattern, and I just swim in it. Did anyone else have that problem? Do the patterns just generally run big?

And this weekend was fantastic. We threw a bachelorette party for a friend, and it involved lots of alcohol, yummy appetizers, and a brown bag party. If you don't know what that is, google it. I've been to several of these parties before, and it was a hit. Let's just say that the "peter" game was hilariously fun.

Of course, the party moved downtown to a local disco club. It was loads of fun, even though we were guilty of being super lame and getting there at 10:30 pm. Which meant we were the only ones on the dance floor. Forties, lots of dancing and disco lights = awesome time, + really fun pictures! (I've been instructed to NOT put these on facebook, so I'll show them off here. Nothing incriminating, promise!)

disco

disco

disco

And because I can't post anything without showing off something that I found on Etsy, here is what I stumbled upon when I did a search for something related to "disco".

cute
{lyptis}

Her clothing looks so comfortable, and very well made. Almost like American Apparel...but better, probably. It's funny to note that this dress (titled Electric Strawberry Ice Cream Dress) came up in my search because she tagged it "dance wear dancing disco club". Awesome. Here are some more of her shop offerings...

cute
{pine dress}

cute
{semi-wrap tunic}

Comments

Popular Posts