Real Wedding Blogs That I Love

There are lots of wedding blogs and wedding sites out there. Did you know that? There are style blogs, etiquette blogs, dress blogs, jewelry (bling!) blogs, decoration and accessory blogs, wedding invitation blogs, and more.

But I've found a few blogs that I truly enjoy keeping up with. These blogs focus on being practical. And real. From the get-go, I've realized that I really don't care about buying flowers. That's why I want to get married in a garden. I don't care about what table linens or the chair covers look like. Heck, I don't even think we'll need those - we're only going to have a handful of people there anyway. Now, this is not to say that I don't care about aesthetics at all - I do, I'm a designer. I'm bombarded with style and appearance and color and design all day long. And I love it.

But what I don't want to do is fuss over the little things, and not take time to really enjoy the important things: the family members that will be there, the good food that we will share, and the fun that we will have.

So here are just a few of the blogs I've found that really inspire me to cut out all the extras, and focus on what matters to us.
------------------------------------------
A $2000 wedding - Our quest to wrest our wedding from the hands of the Wedding Industrial Complex and make it our own (in a budget-minded, hand-crafted, eco-friendly way)

A Practical Wedding - Creative. Thrifty. Sane.

Offbeat Bride - Taffeta-Free Alternatives for Independent Brides

Comments

Popular Posts