Look what I just bought!

Ok, so the last winter coat I bought was wonderful. I loved it. I bought it when I was in New York City, back in 2001. It was November, and I was visiting my friends who were living there for an internship job for three months. They took me around town, and then we went shopping. I wandered into Mexx, and there I found a gorgeous tweed coat with contrasting bright blue sateen lining, and it was marked down to $100. So of course I bought it.

Fast forward to today (ahem...seven years later), and I'm still wearing the same coat as of last winter. Problem is, that lovely blue lining had begun to rip in places (like around the armholes), and overall it was looking a little...shabby. It was getting so bad that I was always embarrassed to take it off in front of everyone, for fear that they would see the obvious rips and tears in the lining.

Since winter will be here before we know it, and I desperately need a new coat, I've been eyeing the
Soia & Kyo line for some time now (look at the fit, and the awesome details!), but goodness, some of them can run close to $400.

Ahah! I found one on Bluefly, for half that. So I snatched it up. I figure if my previous coat lasted me seven years, and was only $100, then I can definitely afford to splurge on a $200 coat, because I will probably make it last at least that long (or longer!).

I'll have to be honest, I sort of felt a twinge of regret once I had pushed the purchase button, but I've gotten over that silly feeling very quickly. Yes, it's a lot of money, but it's something I badly needed.

What's something that you're willing to spend a good amount of money on?

prodImage

Comments

Popular Posts