Ear Threads - Yay or Nay?

I am in love with ear threads. Perhaps I'm behind as far as these things go, but I just recently bought a pair at an art show in Mississippi, and have been enamored ever since. I decided that my shop absolutely needed to have some for sale, so I began making them myself. I love how they hang from the ear, and how incredibly lightweight they are. They are so sleek, so fancy, so...elegant. As you can tell, I'm in love.

However, I've seen that there is a very mixed reaction to ear threads. I came upon a thread in the Etsy forums where a seller was questioning ear threads and their appeal, and she even linked back to a pair of mine as a reference. Some people reacted with "Eww! I have to put that thing through my ear?", while others loved them.

So, I'm wondering how these will sell. I plan on making a lot more of these for a craft show in September. Perhaps they would sell better in person, since you can visualize how they hang and you can see it up close. Maybe pictures don't do them justice. I don't know. Either way, I still love them. What is your opinion?

Comments

Unknown said…
I say Yay - I like the looks of them. They may not be for everyone, but I don't think that should keep you from making them. I think they are lovely.

Popular Posts