Holiday Recap


How were your holidays?  I haven't posted in awhile but I always try to recap what I made during the mad rush of this season, if only so I can go back next year and remember what I made this year.  You'd think I could just write this stuff down, but meh, I'd rather share it here!

Anyway, so what was on your menus?  We ended up having (6) adults and (3) children to feed for Christmas Eve, Christmas morning, and Christmas dinner.  Here's a breakdown of what we did.  I've included links where I can, in case you want to see the recipe we used.

Christmas Eve Dinner
                - Baked Shrimp Scampi
                - Caesar Salad
                - Rosemary Bread

Christmas Day Breakfast
                - Christmas Stollen (I posted about that previously here)
                - Bacon/Eggs/ Fruit

Christmas Day Snacking/Apps
                - Assorted cold cuts/cheeses (from Fino's)
                - Spiced nuts
                - Herbed oyster crackers
                - Pine nut/feta cheese ball
                - Pimento cheese
                - Crackers/ cheese straws

Christmas Dinner
                - Prime Rib
                - Roasted Garlic Potatoes
                - Stuffed Mushrooms
                - Glazed Carrots
                - Holiday Raisin Bread (family recipe, but here is a similar one)
                - Crème Brulee

Assorted Christmas Cookies
                - Chocolate Pistachio Sables       
                - Candy Cane Cookies (recipe second one down here)
                - Pecan Tassies (similar recipe here)

Comments

Popular Posts